What would you like to know about Chef’s Choice?
Whether it’s more about our unique levels of service, our up-to-the-minute pricing structures, our exceptional food safety and hygiene standards or our wide selection of fresh produce, you’ll find the information you’re looking for right here.
We understand that customer feedback is important in developing our levels of service. We frequently ask our valued, long-standing clients for their insights into our business, and we ensure that these are reflected in the Chef’s Choice Service Charter.
- We will offer the best daily market prices, not over-inflated fixed-term prices.
- We will keep you informed of any dramatic price fluctuations, and suggest suitable alternatives if the price increases significantly.
- We will closely monitor and regularly review our supplier network to ensure that we remain competitively priced.
- We will deliver early in the morning, Monday to Saturday, at a time to suit you
- Our delivery drivers will always be polite, courteous, helpful and friendly.
- Orders placed on our 24hr order line by 11pm will be guaranteed for next morning delivery.
- We purchase fresh produce daily from New Spitalfields Market, or for those unusual items, we will reach out to our trusted supplier network.
- Our vehicles are refrigerated and temperature controlled.
- Our warehouse stores frozen, chilled and ambient produce, and is monitored 24/7 by our food safety management system.
- We offer a wide range of fresh, frozen and prepared produce.
- We can source British, locally grown and imported produce.
- Our product range includes unusual and exotic varieties.
- We have a strong partner network of over 100 suppliers.
- We will source suitable alternatives when products are not available or in short supply.
- The wide mix of cultural and ethnic backgrounds within the New Spitalfields Market trading community ensures that we can source produce to satisfy the culinary preferences of all cultures.
- We invest in training to enhance the skills, capabilities and knowledge of all our staff.
- All our staff are trained to the highest levels through our on-going training programme.
- Our training programme includes courses in food hygiene, food safety, health and safety, customer service and personal development.
- We have obtained and maintain a Rating of ‘5-Very Good’ by Basildon Council under the Food Standards Agency ‘Food Hygiene Rating Scheme’.
- Our Food Safety Management System is based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles.
- Our Food Safety Policy and company procedures ensure the produce stored and distributed from our premises is both safe to eat and of the highest quality.
- 24/7 ordering – you can place an order at any time.
- 24/7 contact – our Directors are available on their mobiles at any time.
- We always have your best interests at heart, which is demonstrated in the long-standing client relationships we have developed over time.
- Our founding Director has over 25 years’ knowledge and experience in the wholesale supply of fresh produce.
- We provide monthly market reports detailing produce seasonality and availability.
- We let you know the key issues that are affecting the supply of fresh produce and dairy.
- We will always recommend suitable alternatives when produce isn’t available or price increases significantly.
- We will communicate promotions, discounts and special offers using social media and text messages.
- If something out of our control happens that may delay your delivery, will let you know as soon as possible, and keep you regularly updated.
To review and innovate your menu, for advice on what’s in season, or if you're simply curious about how we compare to your current supplier.
We welcome visitors to our warehouse - or if it's easier, we'll come to you.